I hope this season has been good to you so far, dear readers. I’ve noticed that meetups tend to slow down this time of year due to the weather and the holidays, but I find that such a shame when there are such cool things to do around now! With 25 days until Christmas I thought I’d share a list of 25 cute activities to plan with your lolita community this Winter.
- Go ice skating. The #1 cold weather activity, extra cute in frills.
- Visit a chocolatier. Drink freshly made hot chocolate for a Wintery substitution to tea rooms.
- Browse museums. Shake off the cold while viewing the wonders of art, history, and science.
- Have a crafting day. Get together with your crafting projects for a relaxing hour or two.
- Throw a holiday themed party. Any excuse to break out the Christmas prints and velvets!
- Go Christmas caroling. Pick a song that everyone knows and sing door to door.
- Build snowmen. Bonus points for sculpting frilly dresses!
- Watch movies. Supply snacks and turn on a heart-warming flick in your living room.
- Try new desserts. Get everyone to bring their favorite traditional holiday dessert to share.
- Have a game night. Keep warm indoors with some board, card, and video games.
- Host a Secret Santa/ White Elephant. Exchange gifts with your community.
- Hold a card/ ornament making party. Load up on craft supplies and personalize gifts.
- View Christmas lights. Put on your warmest coats and take a walk to view the displays.
- Take in some culture. Nutcracker, anyone? See what seasonal shows are scheduled at the theater.
- Attend holiday festivals. Check for a local parade or festival to welcome the season.
- Go ballroom dancing. Brush up on your waltz and keep active by dancing the night away.
- Have a Winter picnic. Very bold! Be sure to pack a warm drink.
- Throw a drinking night in. Try out some hot buttered rum, eggnog, and spiced mead!
- Go window shopping. Check out this year’s store displays and buy a gift or two.
- Start a swap meet. A great way to find gifts and get some quick cash for the holidays.
- Play Victorian parlour games. They really knew how to keep occupied indoors!
- Plan a Winter photo shoot. Get your comm together for some photos in the snow.
- Eat by the fire. Make reservations at a restaurant with a working fireplace.
- Go on a nature walk. Plot an easy route in the park with lots of scenic views.
- Take a sleigh ride. Enjoy the scenery from a sleigh pulling through sheets of white.
Here in San Francisco it doesn’t ever get cold enough to see snow, and I miss it dearly! Winter is fast becoming my favorite time of year for how cozy and festive it compels me to behave once the temperature drops. We’ve already had our tree up for a month and I’ve been reaching for the hot cocoa occasionally.
What plans do you have for Winter? Perhaps some travelling, or an anticipated quiet afternoon during the break with a warm blanket and a good book? Have a sugar-sweet day and thanks for reading!